Saturday, June 17, 2006

Attack Rabbits Hit Montclair


Our favorite eco-friendly gardener, Pat Kenschaft, sends her latest tale of a growing insurgency from her Homefront near Brookdale Park.:

....while I was sitting reading on an old-fashioned chaise lounge with plastic webbing, I saw a HUGE rabbit at a distance. It was about a foot long, not counting the head. I watched it in amazement, until I thought it was watching me. It's hard to be sure you are having eye contact with a rabbit.

It began coming toward me. Now I was sure we were looking at each other. It walked within a yard of the chair, and I felt a slight fear at this large critter -- a fear that amused me at the time. Then it hopped to maybe ten or fifteen feet away, turned around, and began coming toward me at a startling speed. I was even more amused at my even heightened fear. It bounced under my chair and hit my bottom in an emphatic bounce upward that I could clearly feel through the plastic webbing.

Then it turned around, started to speed toward me again, and this time went under my legs, bouncing upward toward them so that my legs could feel the rabbit "hitting" them. I waited for more, but it turned around briefly tosay goodbyey, and then disappeared into a neighbor's yard.

The (smaller) Easter bunny was back yesterday, looking startlingly normal compared to her small and large relatives. She just sat and looked at me from about six feet away for over ten minutes. I was surprised at how sad I felt when she left me. Rabbits are fun.

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Harnesses information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete