Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Top 5 Home Improvements Updated
HomeGain.com, one of the first websites to offer Web-based free instant home values, has released the results of its nationwide home improvement and home staging Home Sale Maximizer survey.
HomeGain’s recent survey shows the top do-it-yourself home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers. According to their survey, the top five home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers based on cost and return on investment (from highest to lowest ROI) are:
1. Cleaning and de-cluttering ($200 cost / $1,700 price increase = 872% ROI)
2. Home staging ($300 cost /$1,780 price increase = 586% ROI)
3. Lightening and brightening ($230 cost / $1,300 price increase = 572% ROI)
4. Landscaping ($320 cost /$1,500 price increase = 473% ROI)
5. Repairing plumbing ($385 cost /$1,250 price increase = 327% ROI)
Cleaning and de-cluttering continues to rank as the top suggested home improvement recommended by 98% of Realtors, costing less than $200 and returning a value of nearly $1,700 to the home’s sale price, or an 872% return on investment.
“Many Realtors agree, especially in a buyer’s market, that sellers who make these recommended home improvements often get their homes sold faster and at higher prices,” stated Louis Cammarosano, General Manager at HomeGain. “We have customized our Home Sale Maximizer online home improvement tool to help identify and prioritize the projects that can increase the salability and selling price of a home.”